Me-Made-May Challenge

What a sweet day!  Took this before I headed out to my terrace to sip wine with friends.

I'm wearing my studio shirt made with colorful Mexican fabric - can you see the patch on the shoulder and the elbow?  I added those because the fabric frays desperately, even though I serged the raw edges and used small stitches for the seams.  The collar is a black knit.  Pattern is an old Issey Miyaki Vogue #1476 that I modified.  

Pants are white rayon with large patch pockets and elastic waist.  The pattern is one I've used over and over, adapted it, and it still performs.  It was a pattern I bought from a Quilt Conference in the 1990's and at that time it was called Ginger Pants.  I've looked online to see if I could find the original but to no avail.

Pink straw hat and orange dangly earrings are from a local vendor in Baja - Maria.  She is a darling woman who sells jewelry, blankets, Mexican jackets, handbags and what not.

Sunglasses are Ralph Lauren.  Flip flops are some I picked up at Ross in Napa CA.

This article is in response to the Me-Made-May Challenge 2018 by So, Zo What Do You Know?  Here's the info: 

Me-Made-May is a challenge designed to encourage people who make their own clothes to develop a better relationship with their handmade wardrobe. You the specifics of your own challenge to make it suitable and useful for YOU. For example, a very common pledge is for a participant to aim to wear one self-stitched or refashioned garment each day for the duration of May. 

It's a challenge in which you wear your me-mades more often and more thoughtfully to learn some useful lessons about yourself, your style, your body, your creativity and so on. Some participants choose to document their challenge photographically (though this is in NO WAY compulsory for taking part) and share them with other participants on their blog or social media platforms. 

More to come in the days of May.


Comments